2021 Tour de Kirkwood Triathlon Sunday, July 25th, 2021
This triathlon is a welcoming and fun experience that introduces the sport to first timers and developing triathletes. We time and score this event- but don't have awards in the traditional sense- everyone who participates wins.
The Race is ON- however please read the following guidelines that we will be following due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The St. Louis County Parks Department is allowing us to conduct this year's edition of the The Tour de Kirkwood Triathlon on July 25th, 2021. Please read the ADULT SPORT GUIDELINES that we will be adhering to for this event.
- Social distancing is required and 6 feet distance must be applied at all times other than during the race.
- Athletes, coaches, officials shall undergo a health screening and temperature check prior to starting any sports activity.
- Screening times and practice or competition start times must be spaced out to limit overlap or intermingling of athletes coming and going. We will be limited each transition race to four (4) athletes, 2 per side. The interval for swim entry will be doubles to maintain social distance at the start.
- Masks must be worn while racking your bike in the transition area. Masks must be worn post event when collecting your equipment.
- Hand hygiene is essential. Organizations and facilities shall promote frequent and effective hand hygiene by supplying ample hand sanitizer (>60% alcohol) dispensers and hand-washing stations stocked with soap and water. We will provide additional hand washing stations.
- The use of locker rooms is not recommended. If they must be used, proper social distancing must apply within the locker room (i.e. only every 3rd locker used, etc.). Proper area for equipment storage and cleaning is recommended.
- No unnecessary individuals (managers, extra coaches, non-participating athletes, etc.) shall be present at events. Please only travel with participants- we will not permit fans at the finish line.
- There shall be no spectators allowed at or near the finish line area. No congregating shall be allowed in the parking lot or fields.
- Coolers must be properly sanitized after each use, and each team or group shall have its own cooler.
- Follow CDC guidance for cleaning and disinfecting coolers.
- Avoid team huddles.
- Avoid handshakes, fist bumps, or other unnecessary physical contact.
- Coaches, officials, referees, and umpires must wear face masks when possible.
- Any shared equipment must be disinfected with EPA certified products between each use.
Special Considerations for Athletes and Coaches
- Athletes and coaches should consider delaying their participation in sports and activities if they have any of the following conditions:
- Chronic lung disease, including asthma
- Severe obesity (BMI>40)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Heart conditions
- Immunocompromised (e.g. any transplant recipient, needing immunosuppressant medications (e.g. steroids, biologics, etc.), patients receiving chemotherapy, etc.)
- Age greater than 60 years
- Every coach and athlete must be screened when they enter the campus, field, court or facility where the sporting activity will occur.
- Designate a consistent person to provide healthcare screenings. This person must wear a face mask and gloves when screening others.
- Screen each individual by asking if they have experienced any of the following symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.4)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Ask if they have a household or close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- Check each person for fever using a thermometer. 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and above is considered a fever.
- If an athlete, coach, or official reports affirmative to any of the above COVID-19 screening questions or has a fever they shall be sent home immediately. The athlete, coach, or official shall not be allowed back until they are symptom-free.
- Swim: 400 yard pool swim - serpentine course with a time trial start. Fastest swimmers to the front.
- Bike: 10 miles (two 5 mile loops)
- Run: 3 miles (two 1.5 mile loops)
July 18th! Pre- Event Triathlon 101 Event: Triathlon 101 will be held this year at the Kirkwoood Park Amphitheater, Saturday, July 17th at 10am.
What is Triathlon 101? Everything you need to know about what to do in the days preceding the triathlon and on race day. We'll discuss race prep and tips, things to do and think about in the last week before the race and specifics about each segment. It's also an opportunity to ask questions about the race and triathlon in general. This is a free pre- TdK event- please attend if you're a newbie or a veteran who wants to 'fresh up' your tri knowledge.
Race Start: 7:30 AM
Transition Zone: Open 6:00 AM - 7:15 AM. Begin lining up for the swim at 7:15 AM, please.
Awards: The Kirkwood Tri is a beginner/participatory event. There are no Awards, Age Group or Overall, awarded. This has been the intent of the event since its inception. Come race, TRI, and enjoy the spirit of the event! T-shirts are guaranTEED to those who register by July 16th.
Packet Pick Up: RACE DAY ONLY. We will not be hosting an In-Store Packet Pick Up This Year. See you at the races!
|Before January 1st||Individual $50/Team $85|
|January 1st - March 1st||Individual $55/Team $90|
|March 1st - July 24th||Individual $60/Team $95|
|Race Day||Individual $65/Team $100|
There is a small surcharge for online registration. Field limit is 350 athletes so please sign up early. This event does sell out. Athletes must have a racing age of 16 as of 12/31/2021.
Directions: The Tour de Kirkwood is based at the Kirkwood Community Center 111 South Geyer Rd, 63122. The swimming complex is located off Geyer Rd on Monroe Ave.
- 2020 Results
- 2019 Results
- 2018 Results
- 2017 Results
- 2016 Results
- 2015 Results
- 2014 Results
- 2013 Results
- 2012 Results
Sponsorship: Please email email@example.com if you are interested in partnering with the Tour de Kirkwood Triathlon.
E-mail questions to Event Director: Mike Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org
To Volunteer or Registration Questions: Mike Weiss, email@example.com