About: The Chain of Rocks Bridge has become the permanent home of our Spring Duathlon. Originally held on the historic Eads Bridge we re-located the event to a longer bridge and a more rural bicycle course. The iconic Chain of Rocks Bridge and surrounding area is the perfect venue to ease into an active event season. The event starts and finishes at the foot of the Chain of Rocks Bridge on the Illinois side. Participants will run from Start Line to the Mississippi River and back, followed by a flat, fast out and back bike circuit, returning to a final out and back run leg to the river and back with great views of the mighty Mississippi River. Awesome, right?!
Download our Athlete Guide for the nitty gritty details.
- Pre-register online. Deadline for a GuaranTEEd event shirt is April 21st.
- In person at Big Shark's Big Bend Location 12pm - 5pm Saturday, April 30th.
- RACE DAY at the Chain of Rocks Bridge Parking Lot on the Illinois side from 7:30am - 8:30am
RACE DAY- arrive EARLY- we start and park at the Eastern/Illinois entry to the Chain of Rocks Bridge! RACE will go on rain or shine. We've cast our vote for shine, but it will be happening either way!
Distances: 1.5 mile run – 12 mile bike – 1.5 mile run. A great distance for beginners and seasoned veterans.
Where: The Chain of Rocks Bridge – and rural roads on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
When: Sunday April 30th, 2023 at 9:00 AM
Chain of Rocks Bridge Duathlon Registration Details-
|Before January 1st, 2023||Individual $55/Team $75|
|January 1st - Feb. 1st||Individual $60/Team $80|
|Feb. 2nd - April 29th||Individual $65/Team $85|
|Race Day April 30th||Individual $70/Team $90|
Athletes registered by April 21st are guaranteed an Event Shirt. Entries after the deadline are NOT guaranteed shirts.
Two person teams- one person does the run legs and the other does the bike segment
Three person teams - one person does the first run leg, 2nd person does the bike leg, and a 3rd person does the final run.
ALL participants will have a timing strip on their Bib Number. To have accurate times, numbers must be worn through the duration of the race. Teams will pass the number from one member to the next using a race belt. If teams don't have a race belt, Big River will loan one to them to be returned after the race. Participants must be over 16 years old.
Packet Pick-Up Options:
- Saturday, April 29th: Big Shark Bicycle Company, 1155 South Big Bend Blvd, 63117, 12pm-5pm
2023 Registration is Open:
Run 1 Details: Start on the Illinois Entry to the Chain of Rocks Bridge- head West. Out and back to a turn around on the historic Chain of Rocks Bridge.
Run to Bike Transition in the Chain of Rocks Bridge Parking Lot: Transition area will have water and first aid support.
Bike Details: 12 miles – East on Chain of Rocks Road. South on Slough Road/Chouteau Place Road to turn-around.
Bike to Run Transition in the Chain of Rocks Bridge Parking Lot: Transition area will have water and first aid support.
Run 2 Details: Start on the Illinois Entry to the Chain of Rocks Bridge- head West. Out and back to the turn around on the historic Chain of Rocks Bridge and back to the Finish Line. High Fives!
Awards: Top 3 Overall Men and Top 3 Overall Women
- Top 3 Age Groups Men and Women: U19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-65, 65-69, 70+
- Teams: First Place only in each - Men, Women and Coed Teams
Celebrate! Take in the spectacular view of the Mighty Mississippi River! Awards will be at (approx.) 11 am in the parking lot at the foot of the Chain of Rocks Bridge on the Illinois side.
- 2021 Chain of Rocks Bridge Duathlon Race Results
- 2019 Chain of Rocks Bridge Duathlon Race Results
- 2018 Chain of Rocks Bridge Duathlon Race Results
- 2017 Chain of Rocks Bridge Duathlon Race Results
- 2016 Chain of Rocks Bridge Duathlon Race Results
- 2015 Chain of Rocks Bridge Duathlon Race Results
- 2014 Eads Bridge Duathlon Race Results
- 2013 Eads Bridge Duathlon Race Results
- 2012 Eads Bridge Duathlon Race Results
Can't Race but want to get involved?
Volunteer opportunities for "2023 Chain of Rocks Bridge Duathlon Sign Up Sheet" will be open soon.
Please click on the following web link (or copy it into your web browser if clicking doesn't work) to go to the signup sheet:
To sign up, just follow the instructions on the page. It only takes a few seconds to do.
Thank you for volunteering!
Questions, Comments, Compliments, or to volunteer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the Chain of Rocks Bridge:
Thanks to R & R Sanitation for supplying our "facilities".