The New Year Is Almost Here!
Have you resolved to ride more and drive less? Enjoy your commute, get healthy, and avoid traffic by commuting into downtown. Start the new year off right and let Urban Shark and the Downtown Bicycle Station help you achieve your goals. Experience the convenience of the Downtown Bicycle Station, track your miles, and compete for one of three comprehensive service packages courtesy of the Urban Shark service team to get you rolling into spring.
How It Works
1. Try it out! Stop in to Urban Shark between Monday January 1st and Sunday January 14th to pick up a $10, 2-week Downtown Bicycle Station pass and key-fob.
2. Let us know your Strava/MapMyRide username (if you wish to compete in the mileage category).
3. Between Monday January 15th and Sunday January 28st, ride your bike to work, go on lunch-rides, or maybe ride down after hours and check out the nightlife on Washington Ave. Each time you park your bike in the Downtown Bicycle Station you'll earn points, and each time you log a ride to or from the station we'll add them to your mileage total.
4. Love the Convenience? Extend your membership for the month of February for only $10 (or cancel and return your key-fob) by Tuesday, January 30th.
5. Winners will be announced on this page, posted in the Downtown Bicycle Station, and contacted via phone on Thursday, February 1st.
Most Mileage (1) and Most Resolve (1) -- Be the one with the most logged miles to and from the Downtown Bicycle Station, or the one with the most logged visits to the Downtown Bicycle station to win one of two Full-Overhaul service packages:
The Full Overhaul - The Urban Shark service team strips your bike for an all-inclusive service including drive-train cleaning, hub, headset, and bottom bracket overhauls, new cables and housing, brake and deraileur tuning, and more.
Most Ambition (1) -- If this is the first time you've had a membership to the Downtown Bicycle station, you will be entered in a drawing for one Tune Up service package:
The Tune-Up - The Urban Shark service team tunes all bearing assemblies, deraileurs, brakes, trues both wheels, and more. Includes lubrication of chain and cables, and a complementary cleaning.
Need help, advice, or gear to get ready? Come by Urban Shark during business hours and chat with our knowledgeable staff for tips and recommendations, or send us a message on Facebook.