Clayton Kids Triathlon
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
The City of Clayton, The Center of Clayton and Big Shark Bicycle Company are proud to announce the 3rd Annual Bodley Group Clayton Kids Triathlon presented by Companion. This year's event will take place at Clayton Shaw Park Outdoor Pool, Shaw Park and the new GRG Centennial Greenway. This fun and twisty course will introduce kids ages 7- 14 to the sport of triathlon.
The Event: The race will consist of three legs - a swim, bicycle ride and run. There will be two age divisions, 7-10 and 11-14 year-olds. Each age division will complete the following distances respectively:
- SWIM: 100 yards / 200 yards
- BIKE: 1.7 miles / 2.3 miles
- RUN: .5 mile / 1 miles
Saturday, August 13th, 2016:
- 10:00am - 6:00pm Pre-registration, FREE Bicycle Safety Check and Packet Pick Up @ Big Shark Bicycle Company, Big Bend Location
Sunday, RACE DAY, August 14th, 2016:
- 6:30am - 7:30am Registration Opens, Race Day and Pre-Registration Packet Pick Up
- 6:45am-7:45am Transition Area Open. (Note: Transition Area will close at 8:00am).
- 6:45am-7:45am Bicycle Safety Checks at Transition Area.
- 7:30am Race Course Closed to Pedestrian and Cycling traffic.
- 8:00am Race Start Age Groups 11-14 (Athletes must be on pool deck by 7:45am).
- 9:00am Race Start Age Groups 7-10 (Athletes must be on pool deck by 8:45am).
- 10:00am Approximate End of Race (Final Finisher)
- 10:15am Finish Ceremony and Results (Immediately following final finisher)
Awards:The Clayton Fire Department will hand out the finisher medals.
SWIM: The swim will be a time trial start in 10 second intervals. Athletes will start IN the water (no diving). Ages 7-10 will swim four laps. Ages 11-14 will swim eight laps. All 11-14 year olds must be on the pool deck by 7:45 am. All 7-10 year-olds must be on the pool deck by 9:15am.
BIKE: Athletes will complete either two or three laps of the "ball field loop" section depending on age. Please note, the bike course for the 11-14 year-olds has a short, fairly steep hill. Please review the map and familiarize yourself with the route. . ALL bikes must be in the transition area by 7:45am. The transition will close at 8:00am to all parents and athletes, no exceptions.
RUN: Athletes will complete an out and back run on the grass fields just south of the tennis course. Turn Arounds for each age group will be clearly marked.
- Registration before February 1st is $35.
- Before August 14th Athlete Entry is $45.
- Race Day Registration is $55 and does not guarantee an event shirt.
This event will be Chip Timed by Big River Race management with a time trial start. Each athlete will receive a Clayton Kids Triathlon Number, body marking and an event Technical T-Shirt. There is a slight surcharge for online registration. Register online by clicking on the icon below. There are no refunds, however in the event you cannot attend we can transfer your entry to next years event or another Big Shark event.
Parking: You can park in any of the perimeter lots around Shaw Park or in the Parking Garage at Bonhomme Avenue and Brentwood Boulevard. Parking is free on weekends. Here is a link to parking options.
Sponsorship or Support:
Interested in supporting the Kids Tri? Contact Tina Murtha
Help us keep the event safe and fun. Email Tim Coover if you can help out on race day!
Event Director Mike Weiss