Bubba Memorial Cyclocross Clinic: Join us for a Cross Clinic featuring the flying cankles of Big Shark’s Joshua “Butthead” Johnson and the “ageless” skill and grace of Chris “Hairdoo”Harre (unless his broken collarbone is still broken.) Possible appearances by other Pastaria-Big Shark Racing athletes who are semi-notable.
Where: Faust Park, St. Louis County.
When: Saturday, Nov. 9th, 2019, 8:00 am until 10:00 am.
Cost:Free, RSVP HERE
What you’ll learn:
- Ancient Cyclocross Secrets
- The origins of Bubba
- The secrets of bike set up and tire pressure.
- How to corner without losing momentum.
- How to best manage a run-up.
- How to dismount and re-mount like a Russian ballerina.
- How a race unfolds/basic tactics.
- Training ideas.
- How to dress.
- How to warm up/inspect a course.
- The rules
- The pit
- Race duration
- Lapped riders.
- How to train
- 7:30am -8:00am-Arrival and Warm Up
- 8:00am -8:05am: The origins of Bubba and Introduction.
- 8:05am -8:15am: Bike Chat: Off the bike. Equipment, Tire pressure, Bike set-up.
- 8:25am -8:35am: How to dress/season, conditions and climate. Mad Skillz Sessions: Switch every 20 minutes.
- 8:35am -9:35am: Cornering
- 8:35am -9:35am: Barriers, dismounts and remounts.
- 8:35am -9:35am: Run Ups, dismounts and remounts.
- 9:35am -10:00am: Practice laps and skills, practice starts, hot lap, tempo second lap.
- 10:00 am Topics How to warm up and inspect a course. The rules-starts, the pit, race duration, passing, lapped riders. Training Ideas -How to not suck and have fun