Girls on the Run is going for a ride!
The completion of the Girls on the Run St. Louis 10 week program and the finish line of the GOTR 5k is the beginning of a confident, joyful, active life. When a girl is confident, she can know and activate her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams! Biking is another great opportunity for our Girls on the Run to set goals and have fun!
Join us for a fun bicycle ride on the Monarch Levee Trail and the Katy Trail this Spring. There will be two distance options for riders, friends and family. Saturday morning, June 8th, 2019 starting from the Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex. All rides will begin at 8:30am. All ages and biking abilities welcome!
See the maps below for specific routes.
The Short Route: 1.7 Miles ~ 15 - 25 minutes.
The Medium Route: 5 Miles ~ 30 - 45 minutes.
The Long Route: 14 Miles ~ 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Big Shark Bicycle Company will be providing pre-event mechanical support, an "inflation station," and safety checks
- As soon as the rides start, we will be hosting a Bike Rodeo for kids of all ages and abilities that focuses on skills, safety, control, and fun.
- Start Right will help fuel our healthy pace, along with other snacks and beverages.
How to sign up:
- Girls on the Run Spring program participants FREE. You must register online and sign our waiver.
- Friends and Family $25.
Post ride Festivities:
We will have community partners on site providing information on other summer cycling activities
- Big Shark's summer Youth Triathlon Program
- The Little and Junior Sharks Triathlon Team
- St. Louis Mountain Bike Camps
- Trailnet's Bicycle Fun Club Recreational Rides
The ride will begin and end at the western pavilion at Chesterfields Athletic Complex. 17925 North Outer 40 Road
Chesterfield, MO 63005
- On-Site Registration will Open at 7:30am, June 1st, 2019
- Ride Start will be at 8:30am for both distance rides.
- SAG Cut-Off will be 10:30am.
- All participants will be required to wear a helmet. All GOTR participants should be accompanied by an adult ambassador, parent or guardian. We can help assign an escort as needed. We recommend bicycles with gears, but they are not required.
- There will be Rest Stops at the turn around for both the Long and the Short Course at Mile Marker 2.5, Mile Marker 7, and Mile Marker 11.5
- Big Shark Bicycle Company will be providing mobile bicycle mechanics on the Katy Trail and on the Monarch Levee Trail.
- Please ride to the right side of the trails and path, the Monarch Levee Trail and the KATY Trail will be open to other users throughout the event.