2020 Missouri State Championship Criterium
Sunday, August 23rd, Granite City, Illinois
Over $850 in Cash and Prizes
Sponsored by Big Shark Bicycle Company
Course Description: Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic the date and course for the 2020 Missouri State Criterium had to be changed. The race will be held on the World Wide Technology Raceway in Granite City, Illinois, just across the river from downtown St. Louis. This fast and flat course will feature the oval and the infield lemans course. Wide turns, perfect pavement, and a super fast.
Important COVID 19 Guidelines for racers, staff, and fans:
- Social distancing is required and 6 feet distance must be applied at all times other than during the race.
- Athletes must wear a mask at all times other than when racing.
- Race starts will be spaced by the officials. We will indicate when the first lap is no longer neutral.
- There will be no wheel pit, no protest period, and no prize ceremony.
- Awards will be mailed post event.
- Do not congregate at the finish line or along the finishing straight. You will be asked to move.
- We ask that you renew your license prior to attending.
- Athletes, coaches, , staff, officials shall undergo a health screening and temperature check prior to starting any sports activity. You will be given a wrist band that must be worn throught the day.
- Screening times and practice or competition start times must be spaced out to limit overlap or intermingling of athletes coming and going. The course must be clear before the next group of athletes practicing or competing on the field or court begins.
- Please park, as much as it is possible, with space between vehicles.
- Hand hygiene is essential. Organizations and facilities shall promote frequent and effective hand hygiene by supplying ample hand sanitizer (>60% alcohol) dispensers and hand-washing stations stocked with soap and water.
- The use of locker rooms is not recommended. If they must be used, proper social distancing must apply within the locker room (i.e. only every 3rd locker used, etc.). Proper area for equipment storage and cleaning is recommended.
- No unnecessary individuals (managers, extra coaches, non-participating athletes, etc.) shall be present at events.
- There shall be no spectators allowed at or near the finish line area. No congregating shall be allowed in the parking lot or fields.
- Coolers must be properly sanitized after each use, and each team or group shall have its own cooler.
- Follow CDC guidance for cleaning and disinfecting coolers.
- Avoid team huddles.
- Avoid handshakes, fist bumps, or other unnecessary physical contact.
- Coaches, staff, volunteers, officials, referees, and umpires must wear face masks.
- Any shared equipment must be disinfected with EPA certified products between each use.
Special Considerations for Athletes and Coaches
- Athletes and coaches should consider delaying their participation in sports and activities if they have any of the following conditions:
- Chronic lung disease, including asthma
- Severe obesity (BMI>40)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Heart conditions
- Immunocompromised (e.g. any transplant recipient, needing immunosuppressant medications (e.g. steroids, biologics, etc.), patients receiving chemotherapy, etc.)
- Age greater than 60 years
- Every coach, accompanying adult, and athlete must be screened prior to registering for the event.
- We will have a designated consistent person to provide healthcare screenings. This person will wear a face mask and gloves when screening others.
- Screen each individual by asking if they have experienced any of the following symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.4)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Ask if they have a household or close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- Check each person for fever using a thermometer. 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and above is considered a fever.
- If an athlete, coach, or official reports affirmative to any of the above COVID-19 screening questions or has a fever they shall be sent home immediately. The athlete, coach, or official shall not be allowed back until they are symptom-free.
Directions: World Wide Technology Raceway, 700 Raceway Boulevard, Madison, Illinois 62060
Parking: Parking will be on the infield- please follow signs and instructions to access the TUNNEL to the infield. Map is below.
From Downtown St. Louis: Take I-70/I-64 East, Merge onto I-55 North/I-70 East. Take the IL 203 North Exit to the first stoplight at Ohio and turn Left onto the Track. Parking will be on the infield.
From Southern Illinois: Take I-64 West, take I-55 North, Take the IL 203 North exit to the first stoplight at Ohia and turn Left into the track.
Registration: Race Day Registration opens at 7:30am. Registration will close :30 minutes prior to the scheduled start of each event. Pre-registration entry fee is $35 prior to August 1st, $40 prior to August 21st. Race Day entry fee is $45. Race entry for a second race is $20. Junior entry fee is $15. Entry fee includes $3.50 USAC Insurance Fee/MOBRA fee. Pre-Register at www.bikereg.com You can register online- please note a surcharge will apply. We WILL have race day entry.
Schedule of Events:
|9:00 am||Juniors||40 min||Medals 3 deep (9-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18)|
|9:45 am||Women 4/5 BAR||40 min||Medals 3 deep/Both Fields|
|10:35 am||Masters 40+/50+/60+ BAR||50 min||$150 Cash 5 deep/ Medals 3 deep|
|11:35 pm||Cat 4/5 BAR||50 min||Medals 3 deep|
|12:35 pm||Masters 30+/35+ BAR||50 min||$150 Cash 5 deep/Medals 3 deep|
|1:30 pm||Women Open BAR||55 min||$200 Cash 5 deep/Medals 3 deep|
|2:35 pm||Cat 3 BAR||55 min||$150 Cash 5 deep/Medals 3 deep|
|3:40 pm||Cat 1/2 BAR||65 min||$200 Cash 5 deep/Medals 3 deep|
Please Note: Each Category will be competing for a lovely Missouri State Championship Jersey. We will award separate jerseys in Masters races where there are combined age groups. There must be a minimum of three riders in each age group/category to win a jersey. State Championship Medals from USAC will be awarded. Missouri Residents are eligible for State Jerseys. Only one jersey per rider per day will be awarded in instances where a rider wins two events. Multiple medals will be awarded. Categories will be separated or combined accordingly for BAR scoring.
Payout: Cash payouts 5 deep will be as follows: $150 Purse- $50, $40, $30, $20, $10. $200 Purse- $60, $50, $40, $30, $20,
For more information contact: Mike Weiss at email@example.com or call 314-862-1188
Held Under USA Cycling Permit
- 2016 Results are HERE