The Race of Truth
The 2021 Missouri State Championship Time Trial
St. Charles, Missouri- Saturday, August 14th
Athlete Guide - Read it, please!
Special Covid 19 Guidelines and Requirements: We will amend based on current CDC Guidelines
- Social distancing is required and 6 feet distance must be applied at all times other than during the race.
- Warm Up practice or competition start times must be spaced out to limit overlap or intermingling of athletes coming and going. The course must be clear before the next group of athletes practicing or competing on the field or court begins.
- There will be no neutral support. Athletes must manage their own equipment.
- All athletes will start with one foot on the ground, there will not be a 'holder.'
- Hand hygiene is essential. Organizations and facilities shall promote frequent and effective hand hygiene by supplying ample hand sanitizer (>60% alcohol) dispensers and hand-washing stations stocked with soap and water.
- The use of locker rooms is not recommended. If they must be used, proper social distancing must apply within the locker room (i.e. only every 3rd locker used, etc.). Proper area for equipment storage and cleaning is recommended.
- No unnecessary individuals (managers, extra coaches, non-participating athletes, etc.) shall be present at events.
- There shall be no spectators allowed at or near the finish line area. No congregating shall be allowed in the parking lot or fields.
- Coolers must be properly sanitized after each use, and each team or group shall have its own cooler.
- Follow CDC guidance for cleaning and disinfecting coolers.
- Avoid team huddles.
- Avoid handshakes, fist bumps, or other unnecessary physical contact.
- Coaches, officials, referees, and umpires must wear face masks when possible.
- Any shared equipment must be disinfected with EPA certified products between each use.
- Results will be posted online after the event, there will not be an awards ceremony.
- There will not be a protest period, email us if there are issues with scoring.
- We ask that after you have completed your race you depart and limit time spent at the event.
Special Considerations for Athletes and Coaches
- Athletes and coaches should consider delaying their participation in sports and activities if they have any of the following conditions:
- Chronic lung disease, including asthma
- Severe obesity (BMI>40)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Heart conditions
- Immunocompromised (e.g. any transplant recipient, needing immunosuppressant medications (e.g. steroids, biologics, etc.), patients receiving chemotherapy, etc.)
- Age greater than 60 years
- We ask that all participants recuse themselves from competition if you have any of the below conditions or symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.4)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Ask if they have a household or close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- Check each person for fever using a thermometer. 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and above is considered a fever.
- If an athlete, coach, or official reports affirmative to any of the above COVID-19 screening questions or has a fever they shall be sent home immediately. The athlete, coach, or official shall not be allowed back until they are symptom-free.
The State Championship Time Trial Course:The 2021 edition of the Missouri State Championship Time Trial returns to Saint Charles, Missouri. The course for both the 40K and 20K distances will be out-and-back. The course will have several turns and predominantly great pavement quality. There will be several turns that will be marshaled for cross traffic. The course is on scenic rural roads with light traffic, just north of New Town, St. Charles. Senior Categories will race 25 miles (40K), Junior Categories and select Masters Categories will race 12.5 miles (20K). The Missouri State Championship Criterium will be heldon August 15th at Florissant Valley Community College. Please note that the course has several 90 degree turns, please review before racing.
Registration: Pre-Registration is $40 prior to August 1st, before August 13th registration is $45 per event. Junior entry is $20. Race Day Registration is $50. Fee includes $4.50 rider insurance/MOBRA surcharge. Pre- registration is available at www.bikereg.com - a surcharge will apply for online pre-registration. There WILL be on-site registration race-day 7:30 am - 8:30am. Pre-registered riders will be staged by category. Race day registrations will be staged in order of registration after the last pre-registered rider. We will publish a start list online 48 hours in advance of the race. If you miss your start or suffer a mechanical we can provide a re-start at the end of the start list. First Rider will depart at 9:00 am. No refunds. Races will occur rain or shine.
Host Hotel: The Holiday Inn Express in St. Charles has a special $109.00 rate. Reservation link is HERE
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Charles Missouri
3098 Elm Point Industrial Dr.
St. Charles, MO 63301
636 757-6100 phone
636 757-6200 fax
Medals and Jerseys: Medals will be awarded to the top three finishers per Category. For fields that have three or more participants, the winner will receive a Missouri State Championship Jersey. Non-Missouri residents are eligible for placing, but not medals or jerseys.
Please note - Categories will be separated or combined accordingly for BAR scoring. the combining of categories for BAR scoring is a scoring matter for BAR only and that no fields will be combined for payout purposes.
Merckx Category Stipulations: NO - aerobars, skinsuits, shoe covers, aero helmets, or wheels over 28mm in depth.
Directions to Time Trial Start Line: From Hwy. 370 exit east on Elm St. Parking will be at Glazers Distribution- 1 Glazer Way, St Charles, MO 63301 This is NEW- this is the 1st light before Mueller Road.
Riders can access the start finish by taking the right back onto Elm St.(New Town Road) and then taking the next left onto Seeburger Road.
Men: Cat 1,2; Cat 3; Cat 4; Cat 5, Masters 30-34, Masters 35-39, Masters 40-44, Masters 45-49, Masters 50-54, Masters 55-59,
Women: Cat 1/2/3; Cat 4/5; Masters 30-34; Masters 35-39; Masters 40-44; Masters 45-49; Masters 50-54; Masters 55-59.
All Tandem Categories: Men, Women, Mixed;
All Merckx: Open Men and Open Women.
Men: Masters 60+, Masters 70+
Women: Masters 60+, Masters 70+,
Junior Boys : 9-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
Junior Girls: 9-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18.
Pre Registration: is $35 prior to July 15th, $40 prior to August 1st. $20 for juniors. Fee includes $4.35 rider insurance surcharge/MOBRA Fee. Pre-registration is available at www.bikereg.com - there will be a slight surcharge for pre-registration. Pre-registration closes at 9 AM CDT on 8/1/2019.
Race Day Registration: is $45. Fee includes $4.75 rider insurance surcharge/MOBRA Fee. Race day registration is from 7:30 am - 8:30 am.
PLEASE NOTE: Pre-registered riders will be staged by category in order of registration. Race Day registrants will be staged in order of registration AFTER the last pre-registered rider. A start list will be posted online in advance of the race. If you miss your start or suffer a mechanical- a restart at the end of the start list can be provided. First Rider will depart at 9:00 am. Please stay to the right and make way for all emergency vehicles!
Categories and Distances:
|Men's Category||Distance||Women's Category||Distance|
|Category 1/2||40K||Women 1/2/3||40K|
|Category 3||40K||Women 4/5||40K|
|Category 4||40K||Masters 30-34||40K|
|Category 5||40K||Masters 35-39||40K|
|Masters 30-34||40K||Masters 40-44||40K|
|Masters 35-39||40K||Masters 45-49||40K|
|Masters 40-44||40K||Masters 50-54||40K|
|Masters 45-49||40K||Masters 55-59||40K|
|Masters 50-54||40K||Masters 60+||20K|
|Masters 55-59||40K||Masters 70+||20K|
|Merckx Men||40k||Merckx Women||40K|
|Masters 60+||20K||Junior 10-12||20K|
|Masters 70+||20K||Junior 13-14||20K|
|Junior 10-12||20k||Junior 15-16||20K|
|Junior 13-14||20K||Junior 17-18||20K|
|Junior 15-16||20K||Tandem ALL||40K|
Held under USAC Permit. For more info please contact Mike Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org