- Pre- Registration will close Thursday, 3/17/2022 at 10:45pm. You can register for each criterium ONLINE on site, each day. Time Trial regstration closes Thursday evening at 10:45pm.There will not be race day registration for the Time Trial.
- Saturday Morning: Racers will test themselves on the Wildwood Centaur Time Trial course- a local favorite stretch of road. Please pre-register! There is no Race Day Registration for the Time Trial. (There is ONLINE race day registration for both criteriums).
- Saturday Late Mornings and Afternoon: Racers will test themselves on the scenic and rolling Carondelicious Criterium.
- Sunday: Racers will duel it out on the flat and fast Mike Murray Classic Criterium in Forest Park. The only bicycle race in the City's premier park.
- The Omnium: Racers participating in the Omnium must compete in all three events. Omnium categories are: Women 3/4, Men 4, Men 3, Men Pro 1/2, Women Open, Men Masters "B" 50+/60+ (Cat 1-5), and Men Masters "A" 40+/50+ (Cat 1-4). Men Cat 4/5 and Juniors are not competing for overall omnium prizes. Points will be awarded per the USAC Omnium table posted in our official flyer.
- All men's and women's categories that include Category 5 have a field limit of 75 riders. All other races have a field limit of 100 riders.
- We have two hotel properties lined up for out of town racers!
Union Station Hotel Reservation Link- 1820 Market St, St. Louis, MO 631036300 Clayton Rd, St. Louis, MO 63117
- Omnium Entry Fee is $135 in advance.
- Junior Entry Fee is underwritten by Renaissance Financail w/volunteer committment.
- Entry fee for a 2nd Criterium Race Entry per Day is $25
- Wildwood Centaur Time Trial Entry Fee - $45 (There is NO race day registration for the Time Trial. TT Reg closes Thursday Night at 10:45 PM.
- Caondelicious Entry Fee is $45 before 3/19, $55 Race Day
- The Mike Murray Classic Forest Park Criterium Entry Fee is $45 before 3/20, $55 Race Day
- Junior Volunteer Link is HERE
- New for 2022! The Renaissance Financial Junior Race Series. Renaissance Financial, a St. Louis based business and personal financial planning company, is committed to growing Junior Cycling. All Junior Entry Fees for every Big Shark produced Road, Time Trial, Criterium, or Cyclocross Event are underwritten. The only requirement is that each Junior provide a minimum of one hour of volunteer work at one of our events. From helping set-up, assisting during the race, or helping at the end of the day. Email us to volunteer: email@example.com
- Each age group/gender will be scored and assigned points throughout the season. Points earned at the Bommarito Audi Gateway Cup will be counted double. Winners of the 17-18 Age Groups for young men and women will be awarded a $250 Gift Card. We will post the rankings monthy in our online Race Results.
- There are NO REFUNDS. In the event of a cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control: pandemic, weather, or any other type of emergency we will defer registration to another Big Shark event or to the next edition of the Tour of St. Louis.
Pre-Registration and Number Pick Up: Friday, March 18th 4pm - 7pm @
Event #1- Saturday, March 19th, 2022
Course Description: An flat and winding 11 mile out and back along Centaur and Wildhorse Creek Road in Wildwood, West St. Louis County.
Registration: Time Trial has a 360 slot cap. Please register early- PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY FOR THE TIME TRIAL. Pre-Registration entry fee is $45. There is no Race Day Registration for the Time Trial (includes $5 rider insurance surcharge/BAR fee). Onsite bib pick up will be open at 6:30am-7:30am. Juniors race fee is underwritten by Renaissance Financial per event for Junior races only. No refunds. Races will occur rain or shine. Please note we reserve the right to cancel due to circumstances beyond our control. Please check our Facebook page before leaving for last-minute updates. Collegiate Team Time Trial entry fee is $25, only the captain needs to register.
Event Rules: Riders will begin at 7:30am and be staged in 1 minute increments. The last rider will depart at 10:30am. We can only start a maximum of 360 riders, so register early. We will stage riders in sequence of the afternoon race -so that riders can transfer to the Carondelicious Criterium in time for their start. We will stage riders by category and then order of registration. The road will be open to traffic and monitored by the Wildwood Police Department.
Parking: The Crossing Church, 114 North Eatherton Road, Chesterfield MO, 63005
|7:30 am||Junior Boys/Girls(9-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18)||Group 1||3 places/Medals/B/G|
|To Follow||USAC Masters "B" 50+/60+ Cat 1-5||Group 2||3 places/Medals/Both|
|To Follow||USAC Women's 3/4/5 BAR||Group 3||3 places/$50|
|To Follow||USAC Cat 4/5||Group 4||3 places/Medals|
|To Follow||USAC Women Open - Cat 1/2BAR||Group 5||5 places/$150|
|To Follow||USAC Masters "A" 40+/50+ Cat 1-4 BAR||Group 6||5 places/$100|
|To Follow||USAC Cat 4 BAR||Group 7||5 places/$100|
|To Follow||USAC Cat 3 BAR||Group 8||5 places/$125|
|To Follow||USAC Pro/1/2 BAR||Group 10||5 places/$150|
|To Follow||Collegiate Team Time Trial- Men/Women||Group 11||Collegiate Awards|
Event #2- Saturday Late Morning and Afternoon, March 19th, 2022
Course Description: An undulating 1.3 mile circuit course along the beautiful lakes in Carondelet Park in South St. Louis City. The course is winding, wide open, with silky smooth pavement. The course has two mild climbs and an uphill finish.
Registration: Pre-Registration entry fee is $45, including Packet Pick-Up. Race day entry fee is $55 (includes $5 rider insurance surcharge/BAR fee). Registration will be open at 9:00 am. Juniors race day fee is underwritten by Renaissance Financial for the Junior race only. If you already have a number you need to check in to be on the official start list. Online registration will be at www.bikereg.com. There will be a slight surcharge for online registration. Second race will be $25. No refunds. Races will occur rain or shine. See cancellation policy above. Collegiate race entry is $25.
Event Rules: Junior age groups will be scored separately and medals will be awarded to the top three in each age group. Masters prize money will be scored for combined categories. 40+ and 50+ racers will be scored separately for MOBAR points. Overall Masters prizes are for combined categories.
|9:45 am||Juniors (9-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18)||30 Minutes||3 places/Medals/B&G|
|10:25 am||USAC Masters "B" 50+/60+ Cat 1-5||40 Minutes||3 places/Medals/Both|
|11:15 am||USAC Women 3/4/5 BAR||40 Minutes||5 places/$100|
|12:05 am||USAC Men 4/5||40 Minutes||3 places/Medals|
|12:55 pm||USAC Women Open- Cat 1/2 BAR||55 Minutes||5 places/$200|
|2:00 pm||USAC Masters 40+/50+ Cat 1-4 BAR||60 Minutes||5 places/$150|
|3:05 pm||USAC Cat 4 BAR||45 Minutes||5 places/$100|
|4:00 pm||USAC Cat 3 BAR||60 Minutes||5 places/$150|
|5:00 pm||USAC Pro/1/2 BAR||65 Minutes||5 places/$200|
The Mike Murray Classic Criterium
Event #3 - Sunday
March 20th, 2022
Course Description: A flat and fast course with wide open straightaways and a few technical turns. Race by St. Louis Landmarks- the Missouri History Museum and the Muny Opera. Note- the Start/Finish has moved to the Lower Muny Parking Lot. Racers are encouraged to park at the upper Muny parking lot.
Registration: Pre-Registration entry fee is $45, including Packet Pick-Up. Race day entry fee is $55 (includes $5 rider insurance surcharge/BAR fee). Online registration at www.bikereg.com. Onsite registration opens at 8:00 am. Juniors registration is underwritten by Renaissance Financial for the Junior race only. Online registration has a small surcharge. Second race will be $25.00. No refunds. Races will occur rain or shine. See cancellation policy above. Collegiate race entry is $25.
Event Rules: Junior age groups will be scored separately and medals will be awarded to the top three in each age group. Masters prize money will be scored for combined categories. 40+/50+ will be scored separately for MOBAR points.
|9:00 am||Juniors (9-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18)||30 Minutes||3 places/Medals/B&G|
|9:40 am||Masters "B" 50+/60+ Cat 1-5||40 Minutes||3 Places/Medals/Both|
|10:30 am||USAC Women's 3/4/5 BAR||40 Minutes||5 places/$100|
|11:20 am||USAC Men 4/5||40 Minutes||3 places/Medals|
|12:10 pm||USAC Women Open- Cat 1/2 BAR||60 Minutes||5 places/$200|
|1:20 pm||Masters "A" 40+/50+ Cat 1-4 BAR||55 Minutes||5 places/$150|
|2:25 pm||USAC Men 4 BAR||50 Minutes||5 places/$100|
|3:25 pm||USAC Cat 3 BAR||60 Minutes||5 places/$150|
|4:35 pm||USAC Pro 1/2 BAR||65 Minutes||5 places/$200|
Held under USAC Permit
Directions and Course Maps
The Centaur Time Trial
114 N. Eatherton Rd, 63005. From Highway 40 (East or West) exit South at Long Road. Take a right turn on Chesterfield Airport Road. Take a left turn on Olive St./Eatherton Road and proceed to the Crossing Family Church entrance (on your right). Here is a link to the Parking Lot for the Time Trial.
PLEASE NOTE- There will be another group from the Crossing Church using the lot concurrent with our event, please be courteous to the other users.
The Carondelicious Circuit Race:
3900 Holly Hills, 63116. From the East or West go South from downtown St. Louis via Highway 55 and take the Loughborough exit. Turn right (West)-the park is on your right. Follow all of the signs or simply keep your eyes open. From the City/Highway 40 you can take Grand south until you hit Holly Hills, then turn right. Registration area is at the Loughborough round-about in the middle of the park.
The Mike Murray Classic Criterium in Forest Park
Summit Drive, 63112. From Highway 40- head North on Hampton Avenue into the park. Veer right (East) on Wells at the round-about. Follow Wells to the next round-about. Veer North onto McKinnley Drive (3rd right on the round-about from Wells). The Jewel Box greenhouse will be on your right. Continue on McKinnley Drive just a short distance. Before going down hill veer right onto Summit Drive and into the Upper Muny lot. Park at the north end of Upper Muny lot. Registration is in the Lower Muny lot- just a short walk down the paved service road.
Wildwood Centaur Time Trial Parking Map
Race #1 - The Wildwood Centaur Time Trial
Race #2- The Carondelicious Circuit Race
Race #3- The Mike Murray Classic Criterium in Forest Park
Payout and Omnium Details
The overall Omnium competition is for the best aggregate results over all three days of racing. Each day we score the top 15 places and assign points towards an overall prize. Points are awarded 25, 20,16, 14, 12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. You must compete in all three events to be eligible for an Omnium Award. Collegiate Athletes are NOT eligible for cash payout.
The points will be awarded equally for all of the events. In order to qualify for the Overall each athlete must compete in all three events. Masters 40+ and Masters 50+ are competing for separate Omnium awards, although each race will have combined price money. They will also be scored separately for the MOBRA competition. In the event of a tie, Omnium will be decided by finishing order in final event. We WILL have Omnium Medals for both age groups in the Men's 50+ and 60+ field.
Centaur Time Trial Payout:
|USAC Women 3/4/5||3/$50||$25, $15, $10|
|USAC Women's Open||5/$150||$50, $40, $30, $20, $10|
|USAC Masters A (40+/50+)||5/$100||$30, $25, $20, $15, $10|
|USAC Cat 4||5/$100||$30, $25, $20, $15, $10|
|USAC Cat 3||5/$125||$35, $30, $25, $20, $15|
|USAC Men Pro/1/2||5/$150||$50, $40, $30, $20, $10|
The Mike Murray Classic Criterium and Carondelicious Criterium Payout Schedule:
|USAC Women 3/4/5||5/$100||$30, $25, $20, $15, $10|
|USAC Women Open||5/$200||$60, $50, $40, $30, $20|
|USAC Masters A (40+/50+)||5/$150||$50, $40, $30, $20, $10|
|USAC Cat 4||5/$100||$30, $25, $20, $15, $10|
|USAC Cat 3||5/$150||$50, $40, $30, $20, $10|
|USAC Pro/1/2||5/$200||$60, $50, $40, $30, $20|
Omnium Payout Schedule
|USAC Women 3/4/5||3/$100||$50, $30, $20|
|USAC Men 4||3/$100||$50, $30, $20|
|USAC Men 3||3/$150||$75, $50, $25|
|USAC Men Pro 1/2||3/$200||$85, $65, $50|
|USAC Women Open||3/$200||$85, $65, $50|
|USAC Masters A 40+||3/$150||$75, $50, $25|
|USAC Masters A 50+||3/$150||$75, $50, $25|