Cycle the Raceway! Saturday, April 15th, 2023
Sunday April 15th, 2023
$300 Cash and Prizes
Presented by the Big Shark Bicycle Company and Kayce Shelton's Beard
The Race: Competitive Cycling returns to the World Wide Technology Raceway. Come and experience a unique opportunity to race on the NASCAR Superspeedway track on a 1.6 mile circuit that uses both the oval and road course.
Course Description: A flat and winding 1.6 mile circuit - wide open and fast with a winding and technical section prior to the finish.
- Pre-Registration is on BikeReg.com. Pre-registration will close on April 14th
- Pre-registration entry fee is $25. Race day registration is $35.
Race Day Registration:
- Registration will be open at 7:00 am.
- Race Day entry fee is $35. No refunds. Races will go rain or shine.
- Juniors race day fee is $0.
- Enter a second race for $20- race day only. This includes the Fixed Gear Race.
- Annual USA Cycling licenses will be available for $70 ($35 for Juniors.) Non-licensed riders can race in the Juniors, Masters 4/5, Category 5 men's, or Category 5 women's events with purchase of a $15 USA Cycling 1-Day License. The Fixed Gear Criterium is not USAC sanctioned.
- Lapped Racers will be eliminated.
- Riders must be on fixed gear bicycles.
- Athletes must start with one foot on the ground.
- Athletes are not allowed to lean on each other or the barriers.
- Track Stands are not permitted.
- Helmets are required.
- Clipless pedals and shoes are required.
- Drop bars with bar tape, plugged ends, and no brake levers are required.
- A lockring securing the cog is required.
- Jerseys with sleeves are required.
- All components of the bike must be in good condition.
- Brakes are prohibited.
- Excessively large gear ratios are prohibited.
- Time trial wheels are prohibited (Aerospokes. disc wheels, Spinergy, Tri-spokes, rims deeper than 90mm, etc).
- Fixed gear conversions are prohibited.
- Headphones are prohibited.
- Race numbers are mandatory for scorekeeping purposes.
Additional Information: There will be concession and food available from 11:00am until 3:00pm at the park, accessible from the infield. The Gateway Kartplex will be open all day long for friends, family, kids to try their hand on their high performance Go Kart track.
|Start Time||Category||Duration||Field Limit||Awards|
|5:00 pm||Fixed Gear Open||40 min||75||$300/10 Places|
Pay Out Detail Criterium
|Fixed Gear Open||$300||$70||$50||$40||$35||$30||$25||$20||$15||$10||$5|
Directions: World Wide Technology Raceway, 700 Raceway Boulevard, Madison, Illinois 62060
Parking: Parking will be on the infield- please follow signs and instructions to access the TUNNEL to the infield. Map is below.
From Downtown St. Louis: Take I-70/I-64 East, Merge onto I-55 North/I-70 East. Take the IL 203 North Exit to the first stoplight at Ohio and turn Left onto the Track. Parking will be on the infield.
From Southern Illinois: Take I-64 West, take I-55 North, Take the IL 203 North exit to the first stoplight at Ohia and turn Left into the track.
Contact: Fixed Gear Race Director - Kayce Peters, firstname.lastname@example.org 314/862-1188