Location and Hours
The Downtown Bicycle Station offers secure 24-hour access and features over 120 bike racks, showers and locker rooms, and is ideal for bicyclists commuting to work or looking to exercise on their lunch break. The Downtown Bicycle Station is supported by Great Rivers Greenway, The City of St. Louis, and Downtown STL.
1009 Locust Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
(Enter through alley between 10th and 11th Street)
How to Become a Member
How to Become a Member:
- Online or in person sign up and pay for a membership. Fill out and return the downloadable form or sign up online below.
- Sign and return a Waiver of Liability to the Downtown St. Louis Bicycle Station business office located inside Urban Shark Bicycle Company, 1009 Locust St, St. Louis, MO 63101.
- Pick up your key fob and locker room code from The Downtown St. Louis Bicycle Station Business Office located inside Urban Shark.
Pricing and Membership Benefits
May Bike to Work Month Special Activities: We are going to be offering free month long membership to the DBS for the Month of May...as well as a few exciting challenges. Click here for more information.
Day membership regulations: Must arrive and depart during Urban Shark Bicycle Company's open hours; must bring a photo ID and credit card; must observe Downtown Bicycle Station rules and regulations.
Purchasing memberships for your employees is a great way to support their health and the St. Louis community. Corporate memberships include:
- 10 memberships for the discounted rate of $1500
- Orientation and introduction to the Downtown Bicycle Station by DBS Staff
- Corporate name listed on the Downtown Bicycle Station website
- Opportunity for "Bicycle Commuting 101" program at your business
If you are interested in a Corporate Membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To Purchase a Corporate Membership please use our shopping cart.
Membership Benefits Include:
- 24 hour access to the Downtown Bicycle Station
- Locker access for daily use
- Key fob for secured entrance
- Locker room access with showers, hair dryer, bathrooms
- Bike repair from Urban Shark service on site (fees associated)
- 10% off of bicycle repair and 5% off bicycles at Urban Shark (certain items not included)
- Free air pump access
Free Trial- Try the Promotional 'Lunch Ride'
- Monday through Friday, from 11:30am until 1:30pm
- Rent a Bicycle for up to 2 Hours FREE (Subject to availability)
- 2 Hour Access to the Downtown Bicycle Station
- Explore the City or try a 6 or 10 mile ride on the Mississippi Riverfront Trail
- Contact email@example.com to reserve a bike.
- Please fill out personal and credit card information on our downloadable Day Use Form
Urban Shark Bicycle Company
c/o Downtown St. Louis Bicycle Station (DBS)
1011 Locust Street, St. Louis, MO 63101
Urban Shark and Downtown Bicycle Station Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bicycle Station hours are 24/7. Walk in the station during Urban Shark Bicycle Company's normal hours of operation: Monday-Friday 10am-7pm, Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 12pm-5pm.
How can I check out the Downtown Bicycle Station? You are welcome to try out the Downtown Bicycle Station to find out if it works for you. Contact Urban Shark to request a free one-day pass. Bring a valid photo ID and credit card and register at Urban Shark during their normal business hours. Plan ahead for your bike commute as you will need a few moments to fill out paperwork and sign a waiver before you can uses the Downtown Bicycle Station.
Do I bring my own lock? Yes. Locks are not provided for lockers or bike racks. If you forget your locks, you may rent them from Urban Shark.
What type of security should I expect? Only members have access through their key fob.
How much does it cost to replace a key fob? The cost to replace a key fob is $10.
How long can I leave my bike at the Downtown Bicycle Station? The DBS is not a storage facility for bicycles left longer than one month; it is secure bike parking for bike commuters. We do understand that you cannot always complete your commute due to weather, time, distance, etc. Therefore, you can leave your bike parked in the DBS for up to thirty days. If you need to leave your bike longer, please contact Urban Shark at 314.881.0322.
Can my personal items be left in a locker overnight? Yes, personal items may be stored in a locker for up to one week. Items left longer than a week can be transferred for longer storage at Urban Shark.
What if I want to end my membership? If you want to end your monthly membership, please contact email@example.com. Please provide 15 days notice. Your yearly membership is a one-year contract; therefore you can only end an annual membership after your contract is complete.
I forgot to pay for my monthly membership. How soon until my key fob is deactivated? If you do not pay for your monthly membership, you will have five days before your key fob is deactivated. DBS Staff will give you an email warning and a phone call before deactivation occurs. For convenience, you may request enrollment in an automatic monthly payment program to have the monthly payment deducted from your checking account.
Who does this project belong to? The Downtown Bicycle Station is an initiative of the City of St. Louis, Missouri, and Great Rivers Greenway, done in collaboration with key partners and supporters. The project was funded in part by funds allocated by the US Department of Energy through the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. With these funds, the Downtown St. Louis Community Improvement District managed the initial contract to manage the Downtown Bicycle Station. The City of St. Louis CID has contracted with Urban Shark Bicycle Company for management, development, marketing, and membership. The project would not have been possible without several additional generous contributions.