Big Shark Kids Bike Trade Up Program
Safety. Quality. Economy. Fun.
The most important thing when it comes to children riding bikes is keeping them safe. Proper fit and a well maintained, quality bicycle are two of the easiest ways to assure that your kids are riding safely. Low quality bikes are just not built to stand up to the wear and tear that kids put them through, resulting in an unpredictable and potentially dangerous ride. We know that department stores and sporting good stores sell children’s bikes that are significantly less expensive than what we sell, and we are not going to compromise safety and quality when it comes to our customer’s children. We also want kids to enjoy cycling, and feel comfortable and confident while riding. So…we have come up with a program to help families stick with cycling. Due to the fact that kids “grow like weeds (or sharks)”, and outgrow their bikes within just a few years we have developed a program that helps our customers and their families.
Purchase any new kid’s bike from our store (12” wheel through 20” wheel), and you can trade it up later to a larger size children's bicycle. Just bring it back to Big Shark within 3 years and we will give you up to 50%* of what you paid as a credit towards their next bike. This program stops at the 24" wheel size bicycle, we do not trade in the the 24" wheel bikes towards adult bikes with 26" wheels or larger.
- This offer is for bicycles 20" wheel or smaller. We do not take trade-ins on bicycles with wheels larger than 20".
- New bike purchase must be towards a larger size, can not trade down to a smaller size, or replace for the same size.
- Original receipt/invoice is required.
- All Trade Up bikes will be subject to an inspection which will determine any necessary repairs and 50% Trade Up credit will be adjusted accordingly. Bikes must be in “working condition,” cosmetically appealing and rust free.
- Only bikes purchased from Big Shark Bicycle Co. are eligible towards the Trade Up program.
- Juvenile bikes, sizes 12” wheel through 20”wheel are eligible. Sorry, Adult Bicycles, pushers, trikes, and ALL BMX bikes are not included in the Trade Up program. All original accessories must be included (or replaced) prior to Trade Up.
**Working Condition is described as: A safe and functioning bicycle where as tires have no less than 50% of tread remaining and tubes must hold air; overall bike is cosmetically appealing and rust free; no stripped nuts, bolts, or allen keys; brakes and pads stop bike adequately; drivetrain components are in working order; wheels are true and spokes are in good condition.