July 5, 2020
Sunday July 5th, 2020
Over $1000 Cash + Prizes
The St. Louis County Parks Department is allowing us to conduct this year's edition of the Tilles Park Criterium on July 5th, 2020. Please read the ADULT SPORT GUIDELINES that we will be adhering to for this event. There will be no Free Lap Rule or Wheel Pit.
- Social distancing is required and 6 feet distance must be applied at all times other than during the race.
- Athletes, coaches, officials shall undergo a health screening and temperature check prior to starting any sports activity.
- Screening times and practice or competition start times must be spaced out to limit overlap or intermingling of athletes coming and going. The course must be clear before the next group of athletes practicing or competing on the field or court begins.
- Hand hygiene is essential. Organizations and facilities shall promote frequent and effective hand hygiene by supplying ample hand sanitizer (>60% alcohol) dispensers and hand-washing stations stocked with soap and water.
- The use of locker rooms is not recommended. If they must be used, proper social distancing must apply within the locker room (i.e. only every 3rd locker used, etc.). Proper area for equipment storage and cleaning is recommended.
- No unnecessary individuals (managers, extra coaches, non-participating athletes, etc.) shall be present at events.
- There shall be no spectators allowed at or near the finish line area. No congregating shall be allowed in the parking lot or fields.
- Coolers must be properly sanitized after each use, and each team or group shall have its own cooler.
- Follow CDC guidance for cleaning and disinfecting coolers.
- Avoid team huddles.
- Avoid handshakes, fist bumps, or other unnecessary physical contact.
- Coaches, officials, referees, and umpires must wear face masks when possible.
- Any shared equipment must be disinfected with EPA certified products between each use.
Special Considerations for Athletes and Coaches
- Athletes and coaches should consider delaying their participation in sports and activities if they have any of the following conditions:
- Chronic lung disease, including asthma
- Severe obesity (BMI>40)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Heart conditions
- Immunocompromised (e.g. any transplant recipient, needing immunosuppressant medications (e.g. steroids, biologics, etc.), patients receiving chemotherapy, etc.)
- Age greater than 60 years
- Every coach and athlete must be screened when they enter the campus, field, court or facility where the sporting activity will occur.
- Designate a consistent person to provide healthcare screenings. This person must wear a face mask and gloves when screening others.
- Screen each individual by asking if they have experienced any of the following symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.4)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Ask if they have a household or close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- Check each person for fever using a thermometer. 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and above is considered a fever.
- If an athlete, coach, or official reports affirmative to any of the above COVID-19 screening questions or has a fever they shall be sent home immediately. The athlete, coach, or official shall not be allowed back until they are symptom-free.
Presented by the Gateway Cycling Club- Gear Up for Spring Racing
The Race: Starting this summer, Spring Racing...Tilles is the perfect early season criterium. Flowing turns, gentle rises and fast laps. Reduced field sizes and lots of racing categories. Something for everyone. Set in St. Louis County's Tilles Park. Registration is open.
Course Description: An 8/10th of a mile course- slightly rolling, decent surface and tight. Position is crucial!
Pre-Registration: at BikeReg.com. Pre-registration entry fee is $40 Entry fee includes $3.50 rider insurance surcharge/BAR fee. Pre-Registration closes July 3rd at 5pm. Race Day entry fee is $50. No refunds. Race will occur rain or shine. Please note we reserve the right to cancel due to circumstances beyond our control. Please check our Facebook page before leaving for the race if there is any question. We will not take check or cash, credit card or Apple Pay only.
Race Day Registration: 9551 Litzinger Rd, 63124. Opens at 8:00 am. Race Day entry fee is $50. Juniors race day fee is $15. Riders that have already raced once (except 1-Day license holders) can enter a 2nd race for $20. USA Cycling Annual and 1-Day licenses available onsite. Non-licensed riders can race in the Juniors, Category 5 Men's or Category 5 Women's events with purchase of a $10 USA Cycling 1-Day License- available onsite.
|Start Time||Category||Duration||Field Limit||Awards|
|9:00 am||Juniors||30 min||50||3 Places/Medals/B&G|
|9:35 am||Masters 50+/60+ Cat 1-5||40 min||50||3 Places/Medals|
|10:20 am||Category 4/5||40 min||50||3 Places/Medals|
|11:10am||Women Category 3/4/5 BAR||40 min||50||3 Places/Medals|
|12:00 pm||Masters 40+ (Category 1-4) BAR||45 min||50||$150/5 Deep|
|1:00 pm||Masters 40+ (Category 4/5)||40 min||50||3 Places/Medals|
|1:50 pm||Women Open BAR||50 min||50||$300/10 Deep|
|2:50 pm||USAC Cat 4 BAR||40 min||50||$100/5 Deep|
|3:40 pm||USAC Cat 3 BAR||55 min||50||$150/5 Deep|
|4:45 pm||USAC Pro/1/2 BAR||60 min||75||$300/10 Deep|
Pay Out Detail:
|Masters 40+ (1-4)||$150||$50||$40||$30||$20||$10|
Contact: Race Director - Mike Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org 314/862-1188
Held under USAC Permit