Sunday April 11, 2021
Over $1500 Cash and Prizes
Presented by the Big Shark Bicycle Company
The Race: Competitive Cycling returns to the Gateway Motorsports Park/World Wide Technology Raceway. Come and experience a unique opportunity to race on the NASCAR Superspeedway track on a 1.6 mile circuit that uses both the oval and road course.
Please Read - these notes will help you on Race Day and before:
- Registration on-site will ONLY be through Bike Reg. You can get your Bib at our registration tent. No cash, checks, or charge on site. Online LIVE only. Race Day, Bike Reg will be open at 7:30 am.
- You can only purchase your one day license at this time- Online.
- Renew your license or register pre-event. Pricing goes up on Race Day by $10.
- No spectating on the finishing straight away.
Important COVID 19 Guidelines for racers, staff, and fans:
- Social distancing is required and 6 feet distance must be applied at all times other than during the race. No mask= No bib. While not racing, No Mask=DQ.
- Athletes must wear a mask at all times other than when racing.
- Race starts will be spaced by the officials. We will indicate when the first lap is no longer neutral.
- There will be no wheel pit, no protest period, and no prize ceremony.
- Awards will be mailed post event.
- Do not congregate at the finish line or along the finishing straight. You will be asked to move.
- We ask that you renew your license prior to attending.
- Athletes, coaches, , staff, officials shall undergo a health screening and temperature check prior to starting any sports activity. You will be given a wrist band that must be worn throught the day.
- Screening times and practice or competition start times must be spaced out to limit overlap or intermingling of athletes coming and going. The course must be clear before the next group of athletes practicing or competing on the field or court begins.
- Please park, as much as it is possible, with space between vehicles.
- Hand hygiene is essential. Organizations and facilities shall promote frequent and effective hand hygiene by supplying ample hand sanitizer (>60% alcohol) dispensers and hand-washing stations stocked with soap and water.
- The use of locker rooms is not recommended. If they must be used, proper social distancing must apply within the locker room (i.e. only every 3rd locker used, etc.). Proper area for equipment storage and cleaning is recommended.
- No unnecessary individuals (managers, extra coaches, non-participating athletes, etc.) shall be present at events.
- There shall be no spectators allowed at or near the finish line area. No congregating shall be allowed in the parking lot or fields.
- Coolers must be properly sanitized after each use, and each team or group shall have its own cooler.
- Follow CDC guidance for cleaning and disinfecting coolers.
- Avoid team huddles.
- Avoid handshakes, fist bumps, or other unnecessary physical contact.
- Coaches, staff, volunteers, officials, referees, and umpires must wear face masks.
- Any shared equipment must be disinfected with EPA certified products between each use.
Special Considerations for Athletes and Coaches
- Athletes and coaches should consider delaying their participation in sports and activities if they have any of the following conditions:
- Chronic lung disease, including asthma
- Severe obesity (BMI>40)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Heart conditions
- Immunocompromised (e.g. any transplant recipient, needing immunosuppressant medications (e.g. steroids, biologics, etc.), patients receiving chemotherapy, etc.)
- Age greater than 60 years
- Every coach, accompanying adult, and athlete must be screened prior to registering for the event.
- We will have a designated consistent person to provide healthcare screenings. This person will wear a face mask and gloves when screening others.
- Screen each individual by asking if they have experienced any of the following symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.4)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Sore throat, different than your seasonal allergies
- New loss of smell and/or taste
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Ask if they have a household or close contact who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
- Check each person for fever using a thermometer. 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and above is considered a fever.
- If an athlete, coach, or official reports affirmative to any of the above COVID-19 screening questions or has a fever they shall be sent home immediately. The athlete, coach, or official shall not be allowed back until they are symptom-free.
- . Pre-registration will close on April 10th at 5pm.
- Pre-registration entry fee is $40 (includes $5.00 rider insurance surcharge and MOBRA fee).
Race Day Registration:
- Registration will be open at 7:00 am ONLINE only at Bike Reg. You can pick up your bib at Registration.
- Race Day entry fee is $50. No refunds. Races will go rain or shine.
- Juniors race day fee is $15.
- Enter a second race for $20- race day only.
- Annual USA Cycling licenses will only be available ONLINE for $100 (FREE for Juniors.) Non-licensed riders can race in the Juniors, Masters 4/5, Category 5 men's or Category 5 women's events with purchase of a $10 USA Cycling 1-Day License (available ONLY on BikeReg). 1-Day Advanced Licenses will be availabe for $25- you must meet the requirements to participate. No cash, check, or money orders.
Additional Information: There will be concession and food available from 11:00am until 3:00pm at the park, accessible from the infield. The Gateway Kartplex will be open all day long for friends, family, kids to try their hand on their high performance Go Kart track.
|Start Time||Category||Duration||Field Limit||Awards|
|8:00 am||Juniors Boy/Girl 9-12, 13-14, 15-16,17-18||25 min||50||3 Places/Medals per AG|
|8:40 am||Category 4/5 BARR||40 min||75||3 Places/Medals|
|9:30 am||Women Category 3/4/5 BARR||40 min||75||3 places/Medals|
|10:20 am||Masters 50+/60+ (Category 1-4)||40 min||100||3 places/Medals/Each|
|11:10 am||Masters 40+ (Category 1-3) BARR||50 min||100||$150/ 5 Deep|
|12:10 pm||Masters 40+ (Category 4/5)||40 min||75||3 places/Medals|
|1:00 pm||Women Pro/Open BARR||50 min||75||$300/10 Deep|
|2:00 pm||USAC Cat 4 BARR||40 min||100||$100/5 Deep|
|2:50 pm||USAC Cat 3 BARR||55 min||100||$150/5 Deep|
|3:50 pm||USAC Pro/1/2 BARR||60 min||100||$300/10 Deep|
Pay Out Detail Criterium
|Masters 40+ (1-3)||$150||$50||$40||$30||$20||$10|
Directions: World Wide Technology Raceway, 700 Raceway Boulevard, Madison, Illinois 62060
Parking: Parking will be on the infield- please follow signs and instructions to access the TUNNEL to the infield. Map is below.
From Downtown St. Louis: Take I-70/I-64 East, Merge onto I-55 North/I-70 East. Take the IL 203 North Exit to the first stoplight at Ohio and turn Left onto the Track. Parking will be on the infield.
From Southern Illinois: Take I-64 West, take I-55 North, Take the IL 203 North exit to the first stoplight at Ohia and turn Left into the track.
Contact: Race Director - Mike Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org 314/862-1188
Held under USA Cycling Event Permit