Bubba Memorial Cyclocross Clinic: Join us for a Cross Clinic featuring the flying cankles of Big Shark’s Joshua “Butthead” Johnson, Dan "He's really that nice" Miller, and possibly the “ageless” skill and grace of Chris “Hairdoo”Harre. Possible appearances by other Pastaria-Big Shark Racing athletes who are semi-notable or not notable at all.
Where: Bellefontaine Park, St. Louis County.
When: Sunday, October 9th, 2022, 8:30 am until 10:00 am.
Cost:Free, RSVP HERE
What you’ll learn:
- Ancient Cyclocross Secrets
- The origins of Bubba
- The secrets of bike set up and tire pressure.
- How to corner without losing momentum.
- How to best manage a run-up.
- How to dismount and re-mount like a Russian ballerina.
- How a race unfolds/basic tactics.
- Training ideas.
- How to dress.
- How to warm up/inspect a course.
- The rules
- The pit
- Race duration
- Lapped riders.
- How to train
7:30am -8:29am-Arrival and Warm Up
- The origins of Bubba and Introduction.
- Bike Chat: Off the bike. Equipment, Tire pressure, Bike set-up.
- How to dress/season, conditions and climate.
- Barriers, dismounts and remounts.
- Run Ups, dismounts and remounts.
- Practice laps and skills, practice starts, hot lap, tempo second lap.
- How to warm up and inspect a course.
- The rules-starts, the pit, race duration, passing, lapped riders.
- Training Ideas -How to not suck and have fun